No, I'm not pregnant. "How?" You ask, "could you possibly have morning sickness if you're not pregnant?" Simple. It's the time of year when I first found out I was expecting. For some reason I'm being haunted by the very real and very vivid memories of the intense morning sickness I felt just 12 months ago. The weather is similar and I think that's really impacting me. Recently I found a box of "Pregnancy Tea" that I drank like crazy when I wasn't well, and I instantly gagged. Suddenly I remembered how much I loathe the taste of saltines, and preggo pops, and lemon drops, and cheese toast, and ginger, and all the other various comfort foods that were my staples for the longest 16 weeks of my life last spring. I hope this memory goes away soon, otherwise I'm going to have to break out the ginger capsules all over again. Gag. Enjoy the picture of me on my (very nauseated) 26th birthday! I still can't even THINK about the restaurant we ate at that night. I am forever traumatized and for the life of me can't understand why so many women put themselves through this more than once. Unless you're Michelle Duggar or my friend Cyndy... who both seem to handle pregnancy like champs. Poor poor Cyndy. We were pregnant at the same time last year, and my nausea was so crippling she had to teach most of our classes at the studio while I laid in the fetal position at the front of the classroom. Thanks Cyndy!
Monday, February 22, 2010
I have morning sickness again!
No, I'm not pregnant. "How?" You ask, "could you possibly have morning sickness if you're not pregnant?" Simple. It's the time of year when I first found out I was expecting. For some reason I'm being haunted by the very real and very vivid memories of the intense morning sickness I felt just 12 months ago. The weather is similar and I think that's really impacting me. Recently I found a box of "Pregnancy Tea" that I drank like crazy when I wasn't well, and I instantly gagged. Suddenly I remembered how much I loathe the taste of saltines, and preggo pops, and lemon drops, and cheese toast, and ginger, and all the other various comfort foods that were my staples for the longest 16 weeks of my life last spring. I hope this memory goes away soon, otherwise I'm going to have to break out the ginger capsules all over again. Gag. Enjoy the picture of me on my (very nauseated) 26th birthday! I still can't even THINK about the restaurant we ate at that night. I am forever traumatized and for the life of me can't understand why so many women put themselves through this more than once. Unless you're Michelle Duggar or my friend Cyndy... who both seem to handle pregnancy like champs. Poor poor Cyndy. We were pregnant at the same time last year, and my nausea was so crippling she had to teach most of our classes at the studio while I laid in the fetal position at the front of the classroom. Thanks Cyndy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please... you are exaggerating! I miss teaching with you... we had some fun!
ReplyDelete