Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Holidays








I've fallen a bit behind in my blogging, and I apologize for that. I know all 17 of my followers wait with baited breath for my next update, and so I promise to be better. Starting now.

Thanksgiving was an interesting day for the Blanton family. Chase invited several of his single soldiers (the ones who couldn't go home) over for dinner. That was the interesting part. Let's just say that one of them in particular was less that polite, very annoying and down right crass. I won't go into details on the blog, so call me if you want a good entertaining story.

Natalie was a trooper, she managed all the strangers and loud noise like a champ. I couldn't get her to eat any of the Thanksgiving goodies, but she managed to have a good day. Unfortunately, by the time I got the camera out it was bed time, so our Thanksgiving pictures leave much to be desired.

The next day Chase and I set up our Christmas tree and decorated the whole house. It was neat seeing all of our Christmas decorations again. Since I haven't decorated in two years, I went all out! Natalie had fun "helping" her Dad set up the tree and seems to really enjoy all the fun Christmas things. The next morning when Natalie saw the tree completely decorated for the very first time, her eyes lit up and she she said "wooooooooooow"! She had a look of pure wonder in her eyes the rest of the day.

In other Natalie news: She is getting three molars. Ouch. Needless to say, she hasn't been the most pleasant person to be around the past few days. Poor little baby has had every teething symptom known to man... fever, runny nose, pain, crankiness, restlessness. Finally, just the other day, one of the molars completely broke through. I'm hoping now she's going to get at least a little relief before the next set start pushing through.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to see their eyes light up when they see the Christmas tree? When Brooke got to Natalie's age I loved seeing the holidays through her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool about Natalie's response to the tree! I wish Nathan was verbal enough to do that this year. But at least he is LOVING looking at objects and "asking" me to identify them repeatedly with a sweet noise and curious face. Maybe he'll do that with our tree. I'd love to hear more details about your stinky turkey-day guest. Sorry about that! Look forward to catching up.

    ReplyDelete