Thursday, March 22, 2012

Conversation with Natalie

Natalie's conversation skills have just exploded in the last few weeks. She's been absolutely hilarious. Here are a few gems:

While on a walk (I keep snacks with me at all times):

N: "Mom, I want something you got up there."
Me: "Natalie I don't have anything up here, you already ate your snack."
N: "I want a magic [Cadbury] egg or something."
Me: "Natalie I told you, I don't have anything."
N: "I KNOW you do."

Natalie's attempt to not nap:

Me: "Sleep tight, Natalie."
N: Grabs ear "My ear hurts, Mom"
Me: "No it doesn't."
N: "OK then, my other ear hurts."

How Natalie sings her ABC's:

"A B C D AFTER G..."

Today when I had to pick her up from school early:
"Bye guys!!! I'm going with MY mommy!"

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. She just so suddenly morphed into a little adult. I can carry on actual conversations with her, she can work the DVD player, she helps me cook and is just such a happy little girl. I love her.


1 comment:

  1. awesome! I love the stage N and G are in.... well, everything besides the random moody week. I think he is getting his last molar and we have had a week and a half! Other than that, this age is SO fun!

    ReplyDelete