Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sibling Love

This morning while we were getting ready to run to Walmart, Natalie had a little accident.  She came tearing through the house wearing her Crocs without the strap on properly.  Of course she tripped, landing on her poor little face... hard.  She began screaming instantly, I could tell it hurt because her screams quickly turned into the silent cry... any mother knows and dreads the silent cry.  Anyway, all this took place directly in front of Nick who was sitting on the floor playing with his toys.  As soon as Natalie fell he put his hands over his face and began to sob.  It wasn't that high pitched baby cry, it was sobbing.  Once I got Natalie calmed down she turned her attentions to him, walked over and bent down to hug him.  He threw his arms around her and held her (and she him) tightly for about a minute.  They rocked together silently and both their breathing began to regulate.  I told Mom that I'm not emotionally stable enough for such extreme tenderness... once their hug ended I was the one sobbing.  I pray they love, protect and comfort each other as fiercely as they did today forever and ever.

Later, Natalie felt like showing off her boo boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment