Sunday, July 29, 2012

Celebrate!

I'v been trying to potty train Natalie for a while now.  Nothing was clicking.  She knew what she was supposed to do but just didn't really care to.  If I reminded her every 5 minutes she'd be fine until she was tired of my nagging and then we'd have an epic fit over wanting a diaper and ultimately end up abandoning the effort until a later date.  She was really good about #1 but never would even entertain the idea of going #2 in the potty.  We tried potty treats, stickers, cheering like lunatics, and promises of toys and big girl beds; while it all interested her it just wasn't enough.  Well, buying diapers for two children is quite expensive and it was starting to strain the wallet.  So Monday morning when she woke up I told her quite simply that her day time diapers (she still wears night time diapers) told me to tell her good bye and that they had left to help another little girl learn to use the potty.  She shrugged her shoulders and went potty.  There's been no looking back!  I can't believe the solution was that simple!  A friend of mine suggested having a party for Natalie's potty accomplishments, so I baked her a Poo Poo Cake!  It says "Natalie's Poo Poo Cake! You Did It!"  For some reason the pictures always upload out of order:
I was disappointed that two of the candles burned out before pictures.  Oh well.
Being presented with the Poo Poo Cake.

Some day I'll show her husband these pictures and he'll be very proud of her.

2 comments:

  1. that's great!! question - what are doing at night and in the car? i mean in the car around town? did you 100% retire diapers just like that? and what a good idea! her little mind totally needed that sort of explanation, didn't it!? so amazing how mature she is.

    ReplyDelete