Natalie has been asking, no, BEGGING me to get her "soccer class". It's been really important to me that I nurture and develop all of her interests, not just dance; I don't want her to be that kid that's always at the dance studio and dances because she has to. So I signed her up for a "mini kickers" soccer practice. Yesterday was Natalie's first day of soccer. I had to get her an athletic outfit, a soccer ball, shin guards, and special socks. Cleats were recommended but we decided to wait and see how she did on the field. She was great! She picked up the technique, participated in practice, listened to her coach, and followed directions. She even scrimmaged. But she HATED it. She came off the field and told me she never wants to do that again and told my mom "That was NOT good."
So now what do I do? Am I the mother that forces her to participate in something she doesn't like? Unfortunately, I think I've decided to make Natalie stick it out, I can't stand it when parents allow their children to quit so I'm going to stick to my convictions.
Even though she didn't like it, she was cute doing it:





No comments:
Post a Comment