Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love Love Love my baby!

Ever since the very first moment I met Natalie I knew she was someone I was going to truly love forever. I've felt varying degrees of love in my life... I love my family, Andi, my friends and of course I madly love Chase. But I LOVE Natalie!

Natalie and I have been through a lot together in the short time we've known each other, and we've had a lot of learning to do together. And I do mean "together", I look at Natalie as my teammate, which might sound silly, but it helps to know she's on my side. So far I think we've earned an A+! It hasn't been easy (I have a newly established open line of communication with God), but it's been the best stressed out, sleepless and worried 16 weeks of my life!

For the first 8-12 weeks, Natalie was a bit cranky. She had some colic and some nighttime fussiness. Who am I kidding? She had A LOT of nighttime fussiness. Many hours we spent rocking, swaying, singing, crying (both of us) and not sleeping. Sometimes I think if it weren't for my Mother, Natalie and I would be locked up together in some God awful insane asylum. But instead I'm pretty sure I've driven Mom to the brink of insanity. Only recently have I felt truly independent and capable of raising this tiny, perfect and sweet individual on my own. It hasn't been easy with Chase gone, but we've managed. I have wonderful family.

Anyway, all this to say...

Natalie has recently become so much more of a delightful baby. She smiles in response to her favorite people, she laughs out loud when tickled, she reaches for toys (and plays with them!) and she loves pulling Andi's fur! Poor poor Andi. Now that Natalie is mostly happy when awake, I feel like I can truly get to know the person I love more than anything in the world.

2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful mother!! The only thing better than the loving feeling you have described is the fact that when you become a grandmother you get to relive them again!! You have always been a blessing and through Natalie you have blessed me even more!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome feeling to get over the "hump" where you can honestly say, "Good and bad, I love motherhood!" What a great heartfelt post Leigh! I can't wait until I get to know you again as a mother, as well as a friend!

    ReplyDelete