Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring Fest





Today was such a great day! My day started off on the right note when I FINALLY (after over a year) ran my entire 3.5 mile route WITHOUT STOPPING! Who cares if I was as slow as a tortoise, I was pushing a jogging stroller... yeah, that's it; it was the stroller's fault! So, I'm feeling pretty good these days, I love finally getting back into shape.... and I especially love the prospect of getting back into those size 6's in my closet! But that's a ways off right now, I'm learning to embrace small victories. Funny side note... only Leigh Blanton would go on a run oblivious to the fact that the "Tour De Moore" was taking place and end up running against the grain in a major road bike race. Whatever, I provided entertainment for the photographer.

After my run Chase, Natalie and I went to Southern PInes' Spring Fest. Every year the town of Southern Pines has Spring Fest, Summer Fest and Autumn Fest. There are all sorts of vendors, craft makers, children's rides, good food and live entertainment. I LOVE living here. The entire downtown was closed to traffic, so the streets were full of people, strollers, dogs and fun. The only traffic through downtown was the train, it's so quaint here, I just can't get over it! There were so many worthy purchases, but we ended up with two snow cones and one giant bag of Kettle Corn! Delicious! This year's Spring Fest was so much better than last year's. Oh last year was terrible... not only was it roughly 127 degrees, but I had horrendous morning sickness and ended up sitting on the sidewalk in the middle of Spring Fest certain of my impending death. Remember that, Meredith?

Natalie is almost able to sit up unassisted now, I'm so proud of her. She can sit up pretty well by herself for a few minutes at a time, but topples over after a little while. Wont be long before she's driving!

1 comment:

  1. Glad it was better this year! Last year, you overheated, Sebastian overheated, and it was all around miserable! = ) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete