Wednesday, July 21, 2010

9 month check up

Natalie had her 9 month check up today. I always stress over her appointments because I hate that she has to get stuck with needles, it makes me frown. Anyway, I scheduled the appointment at the absolute WORST time ever. Right smack dab in the middle of nap time. What in the world was I thinking? It. Was. Awful. She starting screaming almost immediately. As soon as Cathy (Dr. Manzo's nurse) began to measure her, she freaked. I'm surprised he could hear her heart, at least we know her lungs are strong. But the good news is, she's healthy. She's 29 inches long, which puts her in the 91st percentile and 19.1 pounds which is in the 54th percentile. Her weight gain has definitely slowed down a lot and that concerned me, but Dr. Manzo said it's common around this age because they're so much more active. And more good news: she's steadily gaining weight and looks healthy. Her iron levels are perfect and she has a healthy appetite. So I guess she's going to be tall and skinny. Professional beach volley ball player, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment