Monday, June 27, 2011

Picky Natalie

I've been stressing ever since Natalie started eating solids. She has very peculiar tastes and I worry worry worry that she's not getting the correct amount of nutrients. For example, she will not drink milk. No matter how I try. This is a list of what she will eat:
Avocado, cheese, yogurt, tomatoes, crackers, anything sweet, any carb, black olives, gerber spinach and cheese ravioli, cheese toast, cream of wheat (made with whole mile... sneaky mommy). Occasionally she will eat a green bean (note: A green bean, not green beans), a few chicken nuggets and once she ate a cucumber. Help me mommy friends, is she getting enough?

2 comments:

  1. I know how hard it is! Seriously, I do. But, I think that list looks pretty good. I mean, there are children out there who live on just goldfish. Or raisins. You're doing fine. Does she like flavored yogurt to get more calcium? One thing I learned is that the minute it becomes a battle of wills, the food list gets whittled down even more. I had to teach myself not to make it a battle with Corbin, and by 2.5 years, he was eating more and trying new things. He still isn't a big fan of vegetables, but it's just not worth stressing :) You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pediatrician always said "when she gets hungry, she will eat!" Sam lived on PB&J with a slice of cheese (he is so odd!) for a long time and I think he turned out ok. I was going to suggest the yogurt idea too. One of my friends would freeze those yogurt tubes and her daughter thought they were an ice cream treat! Just keep offering different things and she will start to expand her foods. Brooke is 7 and still gets stuck on a meal for long periods of time. Currently she loves PB with banana and a little honey on a mini bagel. She's eaten that for breakfast every morning for over a month now.

    ReplyDelete