Not related to the Blanton's at all.... just a vent.
In the fallout of the Casey Anthony verdict I've heard many people criticize the media for highlighting such cases as hers and not other equally deserving injustices. There have even been derogatory comments made to those of us who are publicly outraged, which I kind of want to say in reply "Seriously? If you're criticizing me for feeling anguish at the death of a young girl by her mother's hands... shove off." I think it goes without saying that a lot of people get away with murder and a lot of times it goes unnoticed, but for those times it doesn't wouldn't we be considered heartless to not care?
Anyway, all this got me thinking. Why does the media gravitate to some cases and not others? Surely some other pitiful excuse for a mother has harmed her child somewhere. I got my answer. A friend of a friend is good friends with (stay with me here) a superior court judge. This particular judge has before and most likely will again oversee some of the most horrific trials imaginable. Trials the likes of which Nancy Grace would sell her soul to cover. He never allows cameras in his courtroom. Did you get that? HE NEVER ALLOWS THE MEDIA IN. End of story.
So what's the media to do other than move on?
So, somehow I still don't have your email in the address book; and my phone died. ha Just so I don't start rumors, it is a different Dr. Rowland. wink I will call you after your appointment tomorrow. Text me the time. I love you.... GET SOME REST!
ReplyDelete