Friday, November 11, 2011

My Girl

Natalie is so full of sweetness it can almost hurt sometimes. She just oozes innocence, warmth, love and a little mischief. She's almost always a good girl, even though she has her off days, and parenting her has really been a treat... even though she is a bundle of energy. I've always loved our time together but I'm starting to appreciate every moment with her more and more now that Nick's arrival is just around the corner. Nick is a blessing I never knew I wanted, so I guess in a way he truly is a gift, and I am so very excited to meet, hold and snuggle my little boy. At the same time I'm feeling sadness that the dynamic of my relationship with Natalie will (or might) change. I know I will never love her less, think her any less special or be any less motivated to have special time with her, but my heart hurts already because I know how displaced she might feel after her brother's arrival. I never want to intentionally hurt Natalie and a part of me can't shake the feeling that even though she is smart, she still is only two and her emotions are very tender. Being an only child myself I have no clue what it's like to share a parent's affections so entering this new parenting frontier is almost more terrifying than becoming a mother for the first time.

I mean, don't you just love this little face?

No comments:

Post a Comment