Thursday, December 1, 2011

He's here!

Nicholas Chase Blanton was born November 24, 2011, Thanksgiving Day, at 4:40 p.m. He weighed 8 pounds 11.6 ounces and was 21 inches long. His delivery was fantastic and immediately after he was born I already couldn't remember life before him. We're completely in love with our little boy, he's been an absolute joy. Even Natalie has really taken to him and is being a very good big sister. I'm really enjoying my time with Nick, being a second time mommy is really much different than the first time around. I'm more confident and relaxed, as a result so is Nick, I think. He's been fairly easy going (we've only had two really bad nights) and doesn't fuss much. Of course, colic usually hits within the first three weeks so I've still got my fingers crossed that I never again have to endure what Natalie and I went through. Now if we can only get his days and nights regulated we'll be all set!

Nick is one week old today and it feels like he was born an hour ago and yet I swear I've known him all my life.






Here is the excited big sister anxiously awaiting the arrival of her baby brother:


The other big sister:

Random cuteness:



Can you tell them apart?


I have several more fantastic pictures to share. As soon as they're sent to me (Mom and Aunt Chelsea) I'll post them! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love love Love this post!!!! I can't wait to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh, you are right, they are nearly identical in their infant pics! Precious babies!

    ReplyDelete