Saturday, December 3, 2011

How They Met

Natalie came to the hospital to meet Nick the day after he was born. I was very anxious and almost a little sad that unbeknownst to her, she would be walking into a room that held a whole new life, and that she would never again return to the old one. I knew what time she was supposed to arrive and watched the clock constantly. Right on time I heard her little voice chattering from down the hallway and immediately began to cry (so please excuse the extreme roughness of my appearance in the pictures). Nick wasn't in the room at the time, I can't remember if he was having a heel stick, hearing test, weight check, etc. but I I thought that was good. She crawled in bed with me and I got to cuddle her for a little bit just the two of us. When Nick came back Natalie was very interested, when they handed him to me and Natalie she instantly went to pick him up and hug him. Her excitement over "her"baby was electrifying. She accepted him with such grace and beauty that all my fears and worries for her instantly melted away. She even asked for Mommy to kiss baby brother Nick. That night when we brought him home Natalie was beside herself and kept exclaiming "LOOK and that BABY!"
Natalie has done a remarkable job at being a big sister over the past week. She hasn't shown any signs of wanting Nick to leave, in fact she asks for him when he's napping and is always concerned that he have everything he needs. She brings me his pacis and blankets even if I haven't asked for them. She loves to snuggle with him and cuddle on my lap while we nurse (which is a bit awkward to maneuver but God gave me two arms for a reason) and rocks him gently when he's in his swing. She's showing more interest in her baby dolls and bounces, swings and feeds them like I do for Nick. I am so proud of my little girl, through all of this she's asked a few times if she's mommy's baby to which I reply "always". Every so often you will hear her saying "Nanawee ALWAYS mommy's baby" which is heartbreaking and precious at the same time.







Poor Chase spent most of his time behind the camera during Nick's delivery, I am so grateful Mom snapped a picture of their first meeting!

Thank you Mom for sending on these pictures! You're off the hook now ;)

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing sweeter than sibling love. Those first moments of meeting the "newest" are some of my most vivid memories of their little lives! I'm so glad she is doing well with the transition. You are going to be an excellent mommy to TWO!

    ReplyDelete