Monday, September 15, 2014

The End of Summer

The Blanton's (minus one) did a lot of traveling this summer.  We pretty much just bounced around between the mountains and the beach.  So to wrap up our summer, here's my latest installment of photo upload overload.




My boy LOVES his Mama's spaghetti!
 Nori is HUGE!  And I'm not sure she's finished growing!


I have no idea who got into the Cheetos bag, Mom.  No idea.
 The N's and I met my good friend and her fiance at the beach for a week.  They had a lot of fun with "Aunt Kristin" and "Uncle John".  Kristin and I took the kiddos to the aquarium, while John stayed behind waiting on the AC man... thanks, John!
 The Carnival at Carolina Beach is walking distance from the condo, it remains a Blanton favorite.


 I decided to take the N's to Southport one morning, mostly so they could ride on the ferry.  I'm pretty sure they thought it was a "fairy" boat, but the were excited just the same when they saw the real thing.




On the ferry.

Fishy Fishy restaurant in Southport.  Delish.

Southport public pier.


Outside the handmade salt water taffy store.

Now THAT'S my kind of vacation!





 Uncle John has a pretty cool ride, the N's loved getting to sit on it!


 Natalie was in desperate need of some one on one mommy time, so we got our nails done together.  She felt so fancy!!!
 Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the last known photo of Chris Farley.

Over the train tracks and through the woods to Grandma's house we go!

Sharing a childhood favorite of mine with the N's.  I spotted the Shoney's sign off highway 95 on one of our many road trips and exited immediately!!!

 Took the babes to Charleston!
 Staying in a hotel with them proved to be easier than I anticipated.
 We had breakfast in bed.
 And experienced local culture.




 First day of the 2014-2015 school year!  The Merry Hearts Preschool.  Natalie is in the 4's and Nick is in the 2's.

Cheese.

Cheese.
 We went to the beach (again) with a sweet family from Merry Hearts.  



So sweet.









 Ever hear stories about those idiots that accidentally open their sunroofs in the car wash?  Yeah, that idiot was me.



 Back at Tweetsie, this time with Aunt Chelsea.







First Dippin Dots experience.





Natalie's 9/11 outfit that she picked out all by herself.

 Natalie drew a whale.  


No comments:

Post a Comment