Friday, September 3, 2010

Ring Ring

Natalie loves the telephone. I'm pretty sure she's going to be a girly girl of epic proportions. She loves the phone, shoes, pretty things, dolls, pink and just about everything else girlish. She usually steals the phone from me during conversations, so I almost always end up talking to everyone on speaker phone while she's playing with it. It's pretty difficult to carry on a conversation while a ten month old has control of the telephone; she's constantly pushing number buttons and the flash button. Last week she started holding the phone up to my ear and waits for me to say "hello" before she giggles and steals it away again. She'll do this over and over again, and I don't get tired of obliging her. She's just so stinkin' smart! She has made a few other advancements recently, too:

Stands up by herself and balances well *ALL THE TIME*. I think walking is only a matter of courage, she "cruises" with little to no support.

Does the hand gestures for "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". Of course, she hasn't quite mastered or refined her new skill yet, but it's so impressive.

Sings along with others (mostly my Mom) and initiates singing.

Shares her food. She's big into taking a bite and then wanting Mommy or Daddy to have a bite. Super cute.

1 comment:

  1. Graeme and Natalie just might be destined to be together. He loves my phone and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" as well! wink

    ReplyDelete