Chase and I have decided to send Natalie to a little preschool program this year, I'm a little nervous but we really think it's the very best thing for her. I've sort of been "testing the waters" by taking her to church on Sundays. She loves "church school" and actually cries when it's time to go home. The teachers in the nursery were shocked that she's not a daycare kid... she just jumps right in. It really solidified my decision to go through with taking her to school. She loves play time and loves spending time with other children, so this two mornings a week program is really perfect for her. The school is called The Merry Hearts Preschool and is held at a local church. Her program is more of a "mommy's morning out" than actual school school, but it's fabulous. Their focus in the first year is mostly on socialization, learning structure and order, and getting used to being away from mommy. The teachers are warm and loving, and I feel super confident that they'll treat Natalie with fairness, respect and love. The program is Christian based and although I know it's going to be hard to leave her the first few days, I know she's going to LOVE it.
Last night was Natalie's "back to school" night. We got to meet her teachers and classmates and explore her classroom. Natalie was so at home I'm pretty sure she was oblivious that Mom and I were still in the room. She played well with other children and was receptive of her teachers. Can't believe my little only child does so well with other kids (patting myself on the back).
************************************************************************************************************************************************
Now on to Nick. I passed my 3 hour glucose tolerance test, which means no gestational diabetes! I have stressed over this for weeks now. It's such a relief to finally have the whole thing behind me. Yesterday, during the grueling 3 hour test, I filled out the birth certificate worksheet so it's official... Nicholas Chase Blanton is on his way! At our last appointment he was measuring one week ahead (Natalie measured three weeks ahead) so maybe he'll be a week early! I'm 28 weeks today, I can't believe the third trimester is already here and I'm definitely starting to feel it. Even though my morning sickness was/is worse with this pregnancy I'm feeling a whole lot better than last time. I'm not experiencing the excruciating sciatica and tailbone pain which is allowing me to be more active. Chasing Natalie around is pretty tiring, though!
************************************************************************************************************************************************
Chase update: He got promoted!!!! We're all so proud of him and his recent accomplishments. Those of you who know us well know what we're about to go through and even though it's going to be trying and incredibly demanding I can't help but feel immense pride in my husband and his abilities. Way to go Chase, (I type this even though I know he reads our blog next to never) we're proud of you!
what a great post! love all the news. certainly sounds like natalie will benefit from the socialization and activity found in a program. some kids just thrive on it and are ready earlier. glad she gets to go! and way to go chase!
ReplyDeleteYay for Chase, Natalie, Nick, AND the glue that holds everything together: LEIGH! I am proud and excited of/for all of you! I can't wait to read all about Natalie's adventures at "school!"
ReplyDelete