Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Brag Post

Yesterday Natalie dropped a ball that she was playing with and it rolled under the kitchen table out of reach. Not worried at all she said "Nanayee get ball! Nanayee get ball!" she hunkered down, crawled under the table, grabbed the ball and announced "I got it!". Ok, seriously? My 21-month-old daughter understands tense? Her vocabulary and sentence structure blows me away daily. I hope Chase and my genetic code saved some smarts for poor, Nick! Ha!

Speaking of Nick... I had an appointment today, it was the dreaded glucose tolerance test. Blech, that stuff is foul. I drank the sickeningly sweet orange goop in 2 minutes and then had my blood drawn an hour later... pray that my sugar levels are normal so I don't have to endure the three hour test! Everything else checked out perfectly! My blood pressure was normal, weight was actually down a little (don't worry, I made up for that last month), his heart rate was 150 bpm and he's measuring one week ahead. All in all and good visit!

More and more baby stuff is starting to flow into our house... his car seat and bunting arrived earlier this week (big thank you to Granny and Pa!), my Dad is bringing his crib next week, the room is painted and I'm ready to go into full fledged nesting mode!

1 comment:

  1. So glad the appointment went well!!! I want to see some nursery pictures soon!

    BTW: I don't know if it is my system having issues or yours, but I haven't been getting my notifications about your posts on my sidebar. frown I "stumbled" upon the last couple of posts. Again, I'm sure it is my system's issues; but just wanted to let you know.

    ReplyDelete