Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pork Pies

I'm working on a big blog update covering the family visit and the baptism but until then thought I'd share a small Natalie-ism.

Growing up Mom and Grandmom referred to white lies or fibs as pork pies.  Calling a lie a pork pie is common Cockney slang and we've continued the tradition with Natalie.  Here is a conversation I had with Natalie during bath time tonight:

Natalie: "Daddy washed my hair last night."
Me; "Oh really?"
Natalie: "Yeah, he did.  He poured water on my head and made Natalie cry."
Me: "Oh no.  I'm sorry, Natalie."
Natalie: "He's a mean monster daddy" (Natalie has been calling everyone a monster lately, even Nick.  Must be the season.)
Me: "Natalie, you didn't have your hair washed last night."
Natalie: "Yep. Yep.  I did."
Me: "Natalie, Daddy isn't even home."
Natalie: "Oh, I guess it was a pork pie.  I love daddy."

2 comments: