Our good friends, Rick and Todd, were in NC all the way from Reno today. They came to Wilmington to see Rick's cousin get married, so we figured we'd take a day trip down to our beach house to meet them. Bad idea. I had a gnawing feeling that it wasn't going to go well from the start (Natalie does NOT do well napping away from home), but kept my negative thoughts to myself as we set out early this morning. We timed the drive so that it coincided with Natalie's morning nap, we thought we were pretty slick. How wrong we were. She napped a grand total of 15 minutes during the 2 1/2 hour drive there. I thought that once we got to the condo and were ready for lunch she might nap in the stroller and planned on walking her to the restaurant. Only problem... we forgot the stroller. Good thing I remembered that as we were driving past a Wal-Mart. So $35 and one disassembled umbrella stroller later, we were ready for lunch. We plopped her in the stroller and headed out to the restaurant. How naive was I to think she would fall asleep amidst the new sights, sounds, smells and people. She was awake the entire lunch, and at this point it was about 2:00 p.m. which meant she had been awake about 7 hours. Not good. Poor little baby was beyond tired, once we got back to the condo we tried to get to her to nap in her travel crib. She cried so hard she made herself sick. She wouldn't stop! Finally I announced we HAD to leave, and so at 3:30 we were out the door on our way back home (she napped about 45 minutes in the car). Bummer. Natalie never made it to the ocean and never put on her bikini, I'm so depressed. At least we got one good picture out of this disastrous day. Thanks, Uncle Ricky!
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Beach trip disaster
Our good friends, Rick and Todd, were in NC all the way from Reno today. They came to Wilmington to see Rick's cousin get married, so we figured we'd take a day trip down to our beach house to meet them. Bad idea. I had a gnawing feeling that it wasn't going to go well from the start (Natalie does NOT do well napping away from home), but kept my negative thoughts to myself as we set out early this morning. We timed the drive so that it coincided with Natalie's morning nap, we thought we were pretty slick. How wrong we were. She napped a grand total of 15 minutes during the 2 1/2 hour drive there. I thought that once we got to the condo and were ready for lunch she might nap in the stroller and planned on walking her to the restaurant. Only problem... we forgot the stroller. Good thing I remembered that as we were driving past a Wal-Mart. So $35 and one disassembled umbrella stroller later, we were ready for lunch. We plopped her in the stroller and headed out to the restaurant. How naive was I to think she would fall asleep amidst the new sights, sounds, smells and people. She was awake the entire lunch, and at this point it was about 2:00 p.m. which meant she had been awake about 7 hours. Not good. Poor little baby was beyond tired, once we got back to the condo we tried to get to her to nap in her travel crib. She cried so hard she made herself sick. She wouldn't stop! Finally I announced we HAD to leave, and so at 3:30 we were out the door on our way back home (she napped about 45 minutes in the car). Bummer. Natalie never made it to the ocean and never put on her bikini, I'm so depressed. At least we got one good picture out of this disastrous day. Thanks, Uncle Ricky!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment