Thursday, December 9, 2010

Truth #11



There isn't one day that I don't think about my Uncle Al, I miss him very much.

My Mom is an only child and my Dad has one sibling, Uncle Al. So, he was my only uncle and I was his only niece. Growing up, I thought Uncle Al hung the moon... I mean I LOVED him! Rather than reading stories, I'd ask my Dad to tell me "Uncle Al stories" at bedtime, and I'd hear all about the crazy/funny/wild/stupid things he did as a young man.

Sometimes he would surprise me by picking me up from dance class; Nothing beat leaving the studio only to find my mega cool uncle in his leather jacket leaning up against his equally mega cool sports car. He just oozed coolness.

Now, I think the thing that hurts the most is that Natalie will never meet him.

He died 18 years ago today; It was sudden and incredibly unexpected. It was a day that changed my world as I knew it in so many ways, none of which are good.

Uncle Al, you are missed, you are loved, you live through us all. We'll see you again some day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Leigh! He loved you very much! He would often stop on his way home from work just to see you. He always asked to pick you up from dance...it was not a matter of his being asked a favor. You were very special and important to him and he will be with you forever! He will always be your uncle Al!

    ReplyDelete