Mother's day was wonderful! Mom got me tickets to see Wicked, and it was fantastic! I read the book years ago and had always wanted to see the show, so as a special treat Mom surprised me with third row seats! It felt really nice to dress up and go do something "grown up", too. I left poor Chase with an incredibly cranky and teething baby girl all day, but he handled it like a pro! Apparently, he took Natalie shopping and she was a whirlwind on destruction. He said nothing within Natalie's reach was safe... she was ripping things from the shelves. That's how he picked out my Mother's Day card (yeah, be bought it the day of... so what?), she pulled it off the display and threw it. What a little devil, never in her young little life have I ever known her to be a brat! Maybe she knows she's got Daddy wrapped tightly around her little finger, and therefore pushes her limits? Whatever the case, she wouldn't even sit in the cart (which she usually LOVES), Chase had to carry her in one arm and push the cart with the other. I think the Wicked (Ha!) side of me was a little grateful he had to experience butt head Natalie, now he understands a little better what my life is like day in and day out... what perfect Mother's Day gift! Actually, nothing is a perfect as the gift he did give me. He went to a pottery place and had Natalie's handprints glazed on a mug for me, it was really sweet. It's a great way to remember my first Mother's Day and my tiny baby girl!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Another Mother's Day Post
Mother's day was wonderful! Mom got me tickets to see Wicked, and it was fantastic! I read the book years ago and had always wanted to see the show, so as a special treat Mom surprised me with third row seats! It felt really nice to dress up and go do something "grown up", too. I left poor Chase with an incredibly cranky and teething baby girl all day, but he handled it like a pro! Apparently, he took Natalie shopping and she was a whirlwind on destruction. He said nothing within Natalie's reach was safe... she was ripping things from the shelves. That's how he picked out my Mother's Day card (yeah, be bought it the day of... so what?), she pulled it off the display and threw it. What a little devil, never in her young little life have I ever known her to be a brat! Maybe she knows she's got Daddy wrapped tightly around her little finger, and therefore pushes her limits? Whatever the case, she wouldn't even sit in the cart (which she usually LOVES), Chase had to carry her in one arm and push the cart with the other. I think the Wicked (Ha!) side of me was a little grateful he had to experience butt head Natalie, now he understands a little better what my life is like day in and day out... what perfect Mother's Day gift! Actually, nothing is a perfect as the gift he did give me. He went to a pottery place and had Natalie's handprints glazed on a mug for me, it was really sweet. It's a great way to remember my first Mother's Day and my tiny baby girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratz Leigh on your first Mother's day with Natalie in your arms... you two look beautiful!!!!!!! kisses and many more!!!!!!
ReplyDeletePS. Monty and I are going to Wicked today... sssooo excited!!!!!!!..... I'm even wearing green and black,,,hehe....
I can just see Natalie and Chase shopping. Too cute! Oh, and I've noticed Natalie likes the taste of your necklaces. Corbin used to teethe on my jewelry too. ha ha
ReplyDelete