Saturday, January 8, 2011
I like candy!
One of Natalie's most favorite activities is emptying the entire contents of my purse. And when I say the "entire contents of my purse" I mean it. She doesn't just take my wallet out, she empties that too. I hate when she does this, but ultimately it's my fault. If I leave my open purse anywhere Natalie can reach, it's fair game. This morning she started tearing through my purse and came across a candy cane left over from Christmas. She brought it over to us with the most precious look of hopefulness and desire on her sweet little face. Seriously? How in the heck could I take it away from her? We sat her her next to me, unwrapped the candy cane and very cautiously handed it to her. I half expected her to stab the back of her throat or poke her eye out or chomp off a huge piece, but she didn't! It's funny how children surprise you. It was as if some basic childhood instinct came over her; she just sat there quietly still and sucking on her candy cane like a big girl

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How perfectly adorable!! I love her!
ReplyDelete