Thursday, January 20, 2011

Truth #24

I am seriously getting into the world of "extreme coupon-ing".

I have always been interested in saving money, who isn't? But last week I saw the show "Extreme Coupon-ing" and learned a little about the strategy involved with using coupons; I was instantly hooked. I clipped my coupons, checked out the local sales and to the store I went, armed with my grocery list and my coupons. I spent $115 and only payed $55. I know that's not the best money saving deal ever, and true coupon pros would scoff at me, but I was pretty darn proud of myself. Now I'm hooked, why on Earth would anyone want to pay full price? People can't be THAT lazy, right? As long as you pay attention to local sales and coupons, you can get all that you usually do so much cheaper. I don't care if I win the lotto, I'm never shopping without coupons again! I'll tolerate the eye rolls and heavy sighs from the people behind me in line... it's all worth it. Maybe I'll make a t-shirt that says: "Pick Another Lane"!

3 comments:

  1. TELL ME HOW!!!! Lydia is a pro at coupons. She saves SO much money it isn't funny. I don't know how to do it, and Andrew has been begging me to learn! ha Did you get the Sunday paper? Is that how you found your coupons? I am proud of your savings as well. That is HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's serious savings. I'm with Cyndy! Tell me, tell me, tell me. I guess you have to let the kitchen get down to almost nothing, and then make a plan, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give a coupon seminar! It's actually pretty easy, although it does require a small amount of math, patience, concentration and a lot of strategy. Cyndy, Sunday papers are a good source of coupons but you also need the Wednesday paper with all the flyers from local grocery stores. The real savings come in when you combine store sales with your coupons. Heather, pantry doesn't have to be empty, but you do have to have an incredibly detailed plan!

    ReplyDelete